Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Belated Happy Thanksgiving

A belated Happy Thanksgiving day to you all. I hope you all are enjoying the time with family and friends.

Last Saturday, my husband and I were in Grass Valley, which is in the Sacramento area. We preached at a youth service and had an awesome time. The church originally started out as a Spanish church, but because of the influx of English-speaking high school students, they now have bilingual services. The service started out with a music concert by an all- boy band.
I was touched to see young people from all walks of life spending their Saturday night at church and committing themselves to God. Being at a youth service reminded me of the youth services that I went to and those landmarks where I dedicated my life to God.
On Sunday, my husband preached for La Roca for Rev. Gerado Diaz in the afternoon. Bro. and Sis. Diaz are a tremendous couple and are doing a great work. The power of God was strong during the altar call. In the evening, we preached at La Roca's counterpart, The Rock Church, pastored by Rev. Myles Young. At the beginning of the service, all the men of the church led by Pastor Young and Bishop Wilson walked down the aisle praying. It was powerful and Pastor Young talked about the power and difference it makes when men bind together and pray. The power of God fell during the song service that we didn't get to the preaching. We had a tremendous time!

By JP

No comments: