Friday, April 11, 2008

Book Review-Living Biblically


Living Biblically is one of the most funniest books I have ever read. It is a non-fictional account of a man who tries to live the Bible's commandments and rituals out literally for one year, beginning with the Old Testament. If I wasn't laughing out loud, I was in deep thought of what it really meant to be religious. The author really digs in and tries to practice what so many preach and in the process discovers that things aren't always as clear, cut, and dry as some make them out to be. This book was a great testimony to the fact that people who practice religion, in particular Judeo-Christian religion, should really think deeply when reading the Bible.On the other side of the coin, the book seems to bring to the surface that religion and those under its umbrella are often knocked and bashed to nonchalantly.

1 comment:

Jesse & Lynna said...

Hearing you mention this book a few times in preaching makes me want to read it - this will be one that I order. I think people get too set into religious traditions and it hurts more than it is good. Thanks for the tidbits