Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Push To start





As preachers we constantly are looking for a message in everything. Recently while doing some laundry, my attention was drawn to the instruction placed next to the button that starts the dryer. It simply read “push to start.” It is to easy to look around the church and think those who are experiencing success are achieving it by means other than the ones that are accessible to all of us. The truth should be told...the road was not easy for them. Many times they had to be “pushed to start.” Good marriages are often pushed into being good marriages. Though some people’s lives are beds of roses- for the rest of us it’s another story. Good parents are often pushed into being good parents, I can’t imagine that anyone is just born with natural abilities to walk through life care free and mistake free. How great is the wisdom of our God! God has ways of pushing in just the right places to get us started on the road to becoming all that we can be. He said that He purges His trees that they might produce more fruit and chastens those He loves. I have to admit that I am not one for trials. I struggle through them as much as the next person. But when it’s all said and done, I can say it was good for me. So the next time you’re getting pushed know that it’s not because God is unjust, rather it’s to help you get started in becoming all that you can be.

3 comments:

Carol Connell said...

Great post, Brother Prado. I couldn't agree more. Isn't it neat that God would give you a sermon at the laundromat? :-)

Jesse & Lynna said...

I've even heard of preachers getting messages in the shower or the throne...:)
But it's amazing how preachers come up such awesome illustrations..just like Jesus used parables that the Jews or his crowd could relate to. It helps drive it home. Thnx

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your post. It is funny how something as simple a button on a washing machine could turn into a blessing for someones heart.